STAGE-I :- Written Examination.
Duration:- 1–3 hr (Avg 2 hour)
Written exam of various PSU'ss can be divided mainly into 4 sections:-
ii) Aptitude & Reasoning
iii) English & RC
iv) General Awareness & current affairs
1) Technical:- 60 – 120 questions (exact no. varies for diff PSU'ss)
Average no of Questions -80
Depending on the level of Technical Questions PSU'ss can be categorized as
eg – DRDO, ISRO etc.
eg – BHEL, HAL, ONGC, SALL, JTO, NTPC etc.
eg – AAI etc.
ii) Aptitude & Reasoning:- Quantitative Reasoning (Speed-distance, percentage, profit- loss etc), Maths of 10th std level,Figure based Questions etc.
iii) English & RC:- Reading Comprehension, Questions based on Vocabulary and English grammar etc.
iv) General Awareness & Current Affairs:-
(1) Current affairs and questions based on general knowledge
(2)Some PSU'ss ask specific questions related to their institutions in this section eg:- DRDO asks about its labs in India (1 or 2 questions).
The 4th section may on may not be present. Generally, 1st through 3rd sections are present in most of the exams
Stage – II Interview:-
1) Maximum stress on testing the technical knowledge of the Candidate.
2) % of HR Question limited to the general introduction, work experience (if any), hobbies etc.
3) Final year project is very important for the interview.
(1) duration is 20 -30 minutes .
(2) Usually easy topics are given for discussion.
(3) Contemporary social and political issues are highly probable topics to be given.
(4) topics on environmental and technical issues can also be given.
NOTE:- Interview & GD in most of the PSU's’s can also be taken in Hindi.
Stage-III Medical Examination :-
Candidates selected on the basis of their performance in written exam, interview and GD are finally called for a medical check-up prior to their appointment and training.
Submission of the Application Forms for Appearing in the UGC-NET
i) BE/B.Tech/BSc(Engg) – Degree required.
ii) For final-year students, the final result of 8th sem & mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.
iii) Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSU'ss
Gen. Category:- 60% -70% Reserved
Category:- 50% - 60%.
iv) Some PSU'ss allow only present final year students & last two year pass-outs. eg NTPC.